What I Read This Week: September 21, 2014

Hello Fall! This week's weather was so lovely that I took extra long walks and went running after work. Mother nature, please stay like this for awhile. I do worry that the early cool foretells a bad winter. I hope that's not the case; it would really complicate wedding plans.
  • Magazines
    • Cooking Light, August 2014 - Huzzah! I was able to get a replacement for the issue that went astray during the move. I only pulled one recipe (peach canapes), but I enjoyed looking at all the other delicious summer recipes.
    • Cooking Light, October 2014 - A surefire way to make me drool is to put pasta on the cover. I love carbs - particularly when they are smeared with meat sauce and cheese. Speaking of cheese, the cheese article in this issue made me so hungry I ate a slice of provolone. It couldn't be helped!
  • Books
    • On Monday, I finished reading The Man Who Found Time and was going to start Pamela Clare's Surrender when, two sentences in, I knew I had read it before. Drat. No matter. I picked up Jane M. Auel's The Valley of Horses instead. This may be the last book I read before the wedding.
  • Other
    • NPR posted an interesting story on why Americans wash and chill their eggs while other countries don't. I learned something.
    • Early in the week, The Fiance shared an article on the sharing economy with me. It was quite a thought provoking read.

Comments