Why I Love... Decorating WIth Books

One of my favorite quotes is attributed to Cicero. He says, "A room without books is like a body without a soul." I love books for reading (obv.), but I also love them as objects.

One of my favorite things to do is decorate with books. I have two styled IKEA bookcases in the living room, an entrance table with books, and a small bookcase in the bedroom. There are also assorted small book piles stashed about the apartment to add "that simple touch."

When catalogs arrive in my mailbox I love seeing how professional designers have used books to make a room feel like home. Same goes for the home-design blogs I follow. And, confession, if you leave your windows open, I will look into your house to see if you have built-in bookcases.

To me, a room is not complete until there are books placed "just so."


Comments