What I Read This Week: July 27, 2014

I spent most of this week discovering just how far was "walking distance" from our new apartment. The answer: TBA. I, apparently will walk anywhere - even in the heat. For example, I took the day off on Wednesday to switch over my MD license for a DC one. I walked from our place near the Zoo to the Georgetown DMV. There, I was told I needed to visit the Social Security Office because of some recent rule change about names needing to match exactly on documents. So I walked to said office. Then I walked back to the DMV. Then I walked home. All told, I clocked 6 miles before lunch. Awesome for my FitBit stats, not so great on my disgruntled left knee. Also, I feel asleep before 11 that night. Whoops.

  • Magazines
    • Inside Weddings, Spring 2014 - I picked up this issue from the newstand because it was a new wedding title to me. No articles stood out, but I enjoyed how the structure of the magazine reminded me of some of my favorite wedding blogs. There was some stunning weddings featured, as well.
  • Books
    • I'm slowly, oh so slowly, putting a dent in Written in My Own Heart's Blood. I need to read it faster so that my coworker and I can chat about it. I have a sneaking suspicion this book is going to make me cry.

Comments