What I Read This Week: July 20, 2014

You know what I love? Summer days where the weather is unexpectedly beautiful. DC had a few of those this week. It was lovely. This week made me miss having a patio because it meant I could not read outside. (I forgot about the rooftop deck the apartment has until just now. I shall endeavor to remember!)
  • Magazines
    • The Atlantic, July/August 2014 - This was just an okay issue. I was not all that into all the pieces on creativity. I did enjoy reading the pieces on President Karzai and all the dead moms in kids movies.
    • Food Network, July/August 2014 - This was a pretty scrumptious looking issue. I pulled a recipe for Kielbasa Grilled Cheese. Yum. Our new apartment does not have outdoor grilling space (le sigh), so I could only look longingly at some of the summer grilling recipes.
  • Books
    • I managed to read several chapters of Written in My Own Heart's Blood this week. Now if only I could make to stay awake longer. I might be able to put a bigger dent in it.

Comments