Seen on the Metro: Cluster

This morning, I found myself standing on the metro. The train was rather crowded but not in the that oh-my-goodness-what-is-touching-me way. The room for movement gave me a nice window into a cluster of readers across from me.

Two of my fellow passengers were seated. Both were reading library books. The man closest to me was entranced in an old-school looking paperback. I was unable to read the title, but the cover appeared to have been printed in the 70s. Sitting next to him was a woman wearing HUGE sunglasses. (Purple frames. Quite stylish.) She was also reading a library book - a rather hefty hardcover. I was, again, unable to read the title, but there were illustrations on the page that led me to believe it might have been about linguistics or genealogy.

In addition to this duo of readers, there was a young woman standing right in front of them. She, like myself, was leaning against the side of the metro trying not to fall over during our herky-jerky ride. I was a bit envious of her outfit choice; a gray, swiss-dot romper that looked to be remarkably cool in today's humidity. My envy turned to amusement when I noticed the paperback she was reading - Gunmetal Magic. I love it when people accidentally dress like their books. It reminds me of this scene from 101 Dalmatians.

Comments