Why I Love... Following Librarians on Twitter

Librarians are awesome people. (I might be biased.)

I've been on Twitter for a few years now, and I've slowly been adding librarians to the list of people I follow. That decision was a good one. These librarians share a wonderful mix of stories from their personal and professional lives. The professional snippets are what I love best.

What librarian hasn't encountered an "interesting" reference conversation with a patron. We all find weird things in the books that are returned. Meetings and outdated policies? Perfect fodder for some snark. I love reading about what other librarians go through on a daily basis. When your job puts you in contact with the public on a daily basis, it can't help but generate some interesting stories.

Following my fellow, Tweeting librarians has given me a greater sense of community. We librarians are from all over the place and our libraries each has their own little quirks. Sometimes, it's nice to know you're not alone.

Comments