Why I Love... Nightstands

I do most of my reading in bed. Reading right before I fall asleep gives my brain a chance to power down. Normally I do the old headbob for a few minutes before I finally give up and close the book for the night. Enter my trusty night stand.

I've lived and stayed in bedrooms without nightstands before. In those spaces, in an attempt to not lose all the heat from the covers, I would dangle precariously off the bed to drop the book on the floor. It was a pain... and I might have fallen out of bed a few times. Coordinated I am not.

The nightstand is my reading assistant. It gives every book I read a home until I finish. Each night, I put in my bookmark, place the book down, and turn out the light - all without falling on my face. On top of that, I enjoy that my nightstand can hold a beverage and/or snack should I need it.

Sometimes reading is not just about the books, it's about the environment. I can't focus on a book unless I am comfortable. Simply having a nightstand right there helps make reading easier.

Comments