What I Read This Week: April 13, 2014

Sleep! Blessed sleep! This is the first weekend in three weeks where I haven't had to leave town - overnight - to do something related to a wedding. As much as I love weddings (and Lady C's was stunning and a great time), I was in desperate need for a weekend at home.

Also, I need to time to write up a post that covered two weeks worth reading... as minimal as it turned out to be.
  • Work
    • I perused the Spring/Summer 2014 catalog for ALA Editions. I pinned a few titles to check out later. My TBR pile continues to grow.
  • Magazines
    • The Atlantic, April 2014 - This was the perfect bus magazine. I read it cover-to-cover and flagged a few pieces for The Fiance whilst I was flipping through the issue. I loved the article on the overprotected kid. I kept nodding my head at the author's points and saying, "Yes! This!" The pieces on the monogamy trap, strong mayors, and stop and frisk were also well done.
    • National Geographic, April 2014 - This issue didn't really do it for me. The coal article was meh for me. I did enjoy the stories on the massive telescope and atolls, but I wish they had been longer.
  • Books 
    • The Fiance and I have decided to cap our before sleep TV viewing to 1 hour worth of episodes. I missed reading and we found this to be a wonderful way to decompress. The limited length means I managed to get at least 15 to 30 minutes of reading in before my eyes start fighting me. Thus, I have managed to put a sizeable chunk of Pope Joan behind me. The books started out slow, but now I find that I can't wait to sit down to read it.
  • Other
    • At some point after our engagement, I subscribed to every major wedding website ever. This week I took a few minutes to scan some of their e-magazines. 

Comments