Hour 12: Wherein Our Reader is ThisCloser

CURRENTLY READING: ZOMG! So close to finishing Parasite.

THOUGHTS?: Ooooo buddy this got uber-entertaining. I will definitely be reading the rest of the trilogy.

SNACKS AND STUFF: No foods. Only reads.

COMPANION UPDATE: The Fiance just returned from decorating his office. He says the adventure was a pleasant and successful one. Everything is level.

I also heard from Lady B, who managed to participate a wee bit in read-a-thon. "This afternoon I did get 45 pages into one of the books I picked up at the library today."


ANYTHING ELSE?: Our neighbors have the cutest dog. It looks like a permanent puppy. I kind of want to steal it...

PAGES READ THIS HOUR: 53
PAGES READ TOTAL: 769

BOOKS COMPLETED:
Flora and Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo

Smoothies and Shakes by Elsa Petersen-Schepelern

BONUS MATERIAL: Mid-Event Survey

1. What are you reading right now?
 - Parasite by Mira Grant

2. How many books have you read so far?
 - 2

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
- My next book - Budget Bytes

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
- Nope. Just told The Fiance what I would be doing.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
- Just the usual need to visit the ladies room... and run away from bees. They were minor disturbances.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
- How dang windy it was outside. Other than that, I'm now a regular at this event.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
- Not yet.

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
- Find a way to get more sleep the night before.

9. Are you getting tired yet?
- Not yet, but I'm hopped up on coffee and chocolate.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
- Change reading positions at least once an hour.

Comments

Johannah said…
I have the first book in the Apprenticeship series! I need to read it!