What I Read This Week: January 26, 2014

Woot! I got some reading done.

  • Work
    • Our library consortium is moving into the future. Dun dun! To do so, we need the next generation library system. I read the draft version of our Request for Information that we plan on sending to vendors. It's pretty darn comprehensive. I hope we get back some good stuff.
  • Magazines
    • National Geographic, Dec. 2013 - The cover story in this issue is the first in what promises to be an epic series. A man is following the journey of early humans from Africa to South America... on foot. I cannot wait to read the rest of the pieces in this series. I also enjoyed the story on cougars, but the cute images of baby cougars may have made me biased. The article on skiers (not the kind you'd expect) was also a good read. 
  • Books
    • I'm reading Veronica Roth's Allegient at the pace of a chapter or two a night. This is the last book in the Divergent series, and I am not entirely sure I like where it is going. We shall see...

Comments