Why I Love... Book Drops

Way back when, I was in charge of emptying our library's book drop. Most of the time it was just a daily, stress-free task. During finals week it turned into an epic battle to keep up with the massive volume of returns. My relationship with the bins was one of love and hate. Now that I am no longer in charge of emptying the book drops, I have developed a quirky love for them.

I can't explain, but I love the feeling of dropping a book in a bin or down a slot, returning it to it's home. Maybe it goes along with that sense of community that library books have. I return a book so that someone else can borrow it.

My love might also be occuring becuase I hope the librarian emptying the bin is amused by what titles they find. I know I loved discovering new books that way.



Comments