What I Read This Week: October 20, 2013

Short update. I'm feeling lazy.
  • Work
    • I read an article called "What is Librarian 2.0." It was eh. It was supposed to explore the new skills need in the library profession, but I thought it failed to actually make a point beyond, "Here is what our survey says!"
  • Magazines
    • National Geographic, October 2013 - This was the photo issue and I thought it was quite lovely. Obviously the images were stunning, but I also enjoyed the personal stories written by the photographers. I recommend picking up this issue.
    • Brides, October/November 2013 - I enjoyed looking at all the dresses in this issue. Since I bought my dress a few weeks ago, it was nice to see that, while I liked many of the dresses in this issue, I still love my dress more. Phew!
    • Martha Stewart Weddings, Fall 2013 - See the above comment. Adding to that, I also enjoyed the article that discussed, in specifics, how dresses are constructed. I also enjoyed the article on the Cs of diamonds. I learned something.
  • Books
    • I finished Anna Godbersen's book, The Luxe. It was the lone hold-over from read-a-thon and I found it to be a perfectly soap-operay YA book. I can't wait to read the rest of the books in the series.

Comments