What I Read This Week: October 13, 2013

This is going to auto-post. Read-a-thon always makes the day after "interesting." That means that I am either a) in bed, b) bleary-eyed but awake and seeking coffee like a zombie seeks brains, or c) passed out on the couch sleeping with my face contorted into a not so pretty demeanor.

Worth it every time.
  • Magazines
    • Food Network, October 2013 - The cover of this issue was so comforting and scrumptious looking that I was disappointed when I got to those recipes. The cover store was for comfort food soups - like pulled pork, lasagna, and cheese-steak. Yeah, not so appetizing for me. Oh well. I did like the recipe for soft pretzels. I also enjoyed reading the fun, behind the scenes facts about the early years of the network.
  • Books 
    • A few days before read-a-thon, I finished Robin LaFevers Dark Triumph. It was just as good as the first book in the series. I'll have a complete review up soon, but I am already eagerly anticipating the third book in this series.
    • As you might have read, I finished all of the following items during read-a-thon.
      •  Simply Scones by Leslie Weiner and Barbara Albright
        Skinny by Donna Cooner
        The Food You Crave by Ellie Krieger
        The Lost Art of Mixing by Erica Bauermeister
        McGuire’s Irish Pub Cookbook by Jessie Tirsch
  • Other
    • I'm a big fan of most the stuff I read on Slate, but I found this post on wedding dress shopping to be particularly interesting. I freely admit that I love to watch Say Yes to the Dress and any other wedding related show (Four Weddings, Bridezillas, etc.). Every now and then I see a dress and tell The Fiance, "She stole my dress!" I'm trying to throw him off the scent of what I purchased - it's also fun to annoy him a tad.

Comments