Read-a-thon: Go time!

It's read-a-thon time! Are you ready? I'm ready.

I shall be starting this morning with Simply Scones. To accompany my read, I have made a kick-off snack of greek yogurt with granola and honey. Also, let us not forget the all important coffee.

Oooo. Mise en place. 
The Fiance is still in bed and will rouse himself at some time to be determined. I would be remiss if I did not make a special, awwwww note. During the last read-a-thon in April, The Fiance was just "The Boyfriend." He proposed to me the Sunday after read-a-thon at a local vineyard we both love. He thought the timing would be awesome cause it would be my perfect weekend. Reading, food, wine tasting, shiny bling? Yes, please! The Fiance did think about proposing during read-a-thon itself, but he thought I would like it better if I could read all day. He was right. Kudos to him for knowing me so well.

Before I go tackle the first book of this read-a-thon, here are my answers to the opening survey:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? 
 - Silver Spring, MD (Just outside of DC, where it has been raining for days on end now.)

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
 - The Lost Art of Mixing by Erica Bauermeister

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
 - The s'mores bars. I made them last night and I can't wait to finally try them.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
 - I like books and current events. I have a tendency to yammer on at length about both. 

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
- This is my (don't wanna do maths) read-a-thon. This go-round, I'm starting with a really short book to give me a sense of accomplishment. I also went heavy on the female writers, which was just a random thing I noticed two seconds ago.

Good luck fellow readers and cheerleaders! If you need a boost, I always find that the theme from Meet the Press gives me an extra surge of power.


Comments

Alexa said…
Sounds like you have it all planned out. That is so cute that he waited to the day after the read-a-thon to pop the question. Glad that has worked out for you!

Happy reading
Meghan said…
Thanks Alexa! He's definitely a keeper... particularly if he picks up the pizza tonight.