What I Read This Week: August 25, 2013

We started moving one of our campus libraries this week. While I wasn't doing the actual moving of the books, I was tasked to oversee the load up process. That put me out of commission for most of the week. On top of that, The Fiance was on a business trip all week. It was the first time we've been apart for over a year. *Shniffle* To both recover from work and distract myself from missing my man, I should have read a lot. The key word there is should. But did I... no. I just watched a bunch of television. My couch and I are in a serious relationship now. So comfy!

But all was not entirely lost; I did read a few things:

  • National Geographic, September 2013 - I liked the cover piece on rising seas. It provided a very well rounded look at what might happen should all the ice melt. The article on cassowaries was a pretty darn adorable read as well.
  • I filled through the September/October 2013 issue of American Libraries. This was the digital issue that focused mainly on library design. I like pretty pictures.
  • I finished my professional reading book, Social Media for Academics, during my commutes. It was more informative than I expected. 
  • Finally, I finished Twilight in Babylon. I plowed through this book as fast as I could because I've just picked up a book from the library that I am far more interested in, Reached by Ally Condie. 

Comments