What I Read This Week: August 18, 2013

Is summer officially over? The weather has been absolutely glorious. The cool temperatures and hints of fall have me craving cider and reading on the patio. I think soon it shall be so. Huzzah!
  • Work
    • I've been working on a book for work called Social Media for Academics. It's all about how professors can use social media in their classes and professional work. So far, I've been introduced to a few new ideas - but most of the stuff just offers a general introduction.
  • Magazines
    • Real Simple, August 2013 - I greatly enjoyed the editorial piece on living long and prospering while doing so. I also loved the food in this issue. Noms.
    • Martha Stewart Weddings, Summer 2013 - I liked quite a few of the dress pictures, but more like an "Ooo, that's pretty" not an "Ooo, I want that." I also found the ideas from the experts article to be pretty helpful. I pulled out the pages that listed resources for DIYing stuff. 
    • The Knot - DC, Maryland, and Virginia, Spring/Summer 2013 - I think I may have found my useful magazine, because this was awesome! It was so awesome, I tossed it over to The Fiance to read. I loved the brides guide to everything. I also found all the tips
      and tricks to be very informative.
  • Books
    • I'm still reading Twilight in Babylon, it's "okay." I think I might try to power through it this week while The Fiance is on a business trip. I just picked up the last book in the Ally Condie Matched series, and I am really looking forward to seeing how things wrap up. 

Comments