Why I Love... Buying Books in Pairs

Maybe I'm the only one, but I love to buy books in pairs. Unless I am bee-lining it for a single title or picking up a gift, I find it most difficult to leave a bookstore with only one book.

I've pondered this habit of mine, and I think I've finally figured out why I do this. I use to claim it was so that "the books wouldn't be lonely in the bag" with a giggle, but that's not the case. I buy books in pairs because I always like the idea that if I finish one, there is another one waiting for me to start right away. Having that small pile on my nightstand, or on my shelves means that I will always have something to read. To a biblophile that is the bestest thing. 

I don't often buy books anymore (I truly owned more books than I could read in half a decade) but I still grab books from the library in pairs. As long as I always have just one more book waiting for me then I'm a happy girl.

Comments

MiaTheReader said…
I love having that stack on my nightstand, too! In fact, my nightstand and the space around it should probably be renamed "The Stacks".