What I Read This Week: July 7, 2013

I love short work weeks that end with long weekends. Since we both had the Fourth off, the Fiance and I took advantage of the (finally!) good weather and headed over to the pool. I managed to both not nap and knock out a few chapters in my book.

More summer please!
  • For Work
  • Magazines
    • Food Network, July/August 2013 - This issues was chock full of summer food and party ideas. I particular enjoyed the bits on corn, BLT creations, and potato salads. I pulled two recipes to try. Methinks I need to host a barbecue soon.
    • Bridal Guide, July/August 2013 - Before I finish off the rest of my bridal magazine stack, I need to remind myself that this type of magazine is mainly pretty pictures and ads. At least this issue had some decent tips. I enjoyed the brides who shared what they would do if they got married again. I also liked the bar tips and budget mistake pieces.
    • The Atlantic, July/August 2013 - Might I recommend that you just read this issue cover to cover? It was one of the best issues of The Atlantic I've read. At this time, I must spend extra words recommending the articles on junk food and obesity, the special ideas section, the piece on how long you can wait to have a baby, and, last but least, the meditation on modern masculinity.
  • So far I've put a third of my current book, A Lady of Virtue, behind me. It's not great - but I'm really not in the mood for a book of this type at the moment. I just don't know what I want to replace it with.

Comments