What I Read This Week: June 16, 2013

My brain, it does not want to work. Consider this witty opening material.
  • I am the magazine queen!
    • Cooking Light, June 2013 - This issue was all about summer recipes... veggies, sandwiches, grilling, etc. While it looked every tasty, I only pulled one recipe to try later. I did enjoy the story about summer veggies and how to use them.
    • National Geographic, June 2013 - The cover of this issue was odd, but I did enjoy the articles on the new explorers. I also found the story about climbing Everest interesting. I had no idea so many people summit the mountain each year.
    • Food Network, June 2013 - Reading this magazine always makes me hungry. Not fair. I like the article on how to make a great burger (and they give several options). I also pulled many summer friendly recipes. One of these days I will get around to making them. Although I think The Fiance is not holding his breath on that one.
  • I also managed to put a hundred page or so dent in my book, Love and War. It is just as deliciously trashy as I had hoped. 

Comments