What I Read This Week: May 26, 2013

I think my reading mojo might be back. This week, I started to kick the magazine backlog's butt. I also managed to throw some other stuff in there as well.

All of this reading in a week where The Fiance and I may have found out venue... win!

  • For Work:
    • American Libraries, May 2013 - I enjoyed the articles on the libraries of national parks and social media in libraries.
    • Library Resources & Technical Services, April 2013 - This was a pretty meh issue for me. The only thing I found useful was the article on using a LibGuide to create Technical Services transparency.
    • I read through the ALA report called the State of America's Libraries 2013. It basically said we're awesome and adaptable, and need money to keep being those things.
  • Magazines:
    • Martha Stewart Living (with Everyday Food), May 2013 - I pulled a few craft ideas and a summer recipe. Nothing too exciting to see here.
    • Martha Stewart Living, June 2013 - I love cheese, so I couldn't pass up the piece on homemade ricotta. I also enjoyed the bit on test-kitchen wisdom. This issue arrived with my renewal notice. I used it to cancel my subscription when the current run ends - probably not what Martha would want.
    • Real Simple, May 2013 - The Mother's Day pieces were very touching. I found the article on what we really can afford to be fascinating - it really is worth the read. My favorite bit of this issue was the kitchen gadget testing. Now I need a few things...
  • Books:
    • I put a couple chapter dent in Nefertiti. I have a feeling this one will be my airplane read for when we head to California next week.

Comments