What I Read This Week: April 14, 2013

This week was epically long. I attended the Computers in Libraries conference on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Somehow sitting on your butt tweeting for 8 hours = exhaustion. I was a zombie on Thursday and not much better on Friday. Thank goodness for restorative weekends.

As for the reading, it was heavily work based.
  • I read an abundance of free material that was handed out at CIL including issues of Online Searcher, Internet @ Schools, Computers in Libraries, and several other related newsletters and handouts. I was also all about #cildc hashtag on Twitter.
  • I managed to make it to the gym once this week and finished the April 2013 issue of The Atlantic. I found the article on kids and touchscreens to be utterly fascinating. I highly recommend it. The Donald Trump article was also fairly enlightening.
  • Finally, I started a new romance novel by Suzanne Brockman. Infamous is fairly decent so far, but I have some major complaints with the strucutre that are keeping me from loving it. I've put a dent in the page count and hope I can finish it before Readathon.

Comments