Read-a-thon: Wrap-Up

Good afternoon!

Yesterday's read-a-thon was shorter than I had anticipated but I had a blast. I read for 16 hours, finished four full book (and half of a fifth), and completed 905 pages. According to my donation calculations, that means I'm sending $45.25 to First Book. Since I like easy numbers, I'll be rounding that up to $50.

As with the first hour, the read-a-thon organizers have posted a survey. My answers are...

Which hour was most daunting for you?
Hour 14. I had eaten too much lunch and couldn't touch much of dinner. It also didn't help that I was getting sleepy.

Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
I quite enjoyed Julie and Julia. It was the right balance of substance and lightness for the middle of the day.

Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Nope. I always wish there was a way to get more sleep the night before, but that's my own fault.

What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
I liked the pre-read-a-thon blog posts.

How many books did you read?
I completed 4 and half of a 5th.

What were the names of the books you read?
The Art of the Handwritten Note by Margaret Shepherd
Muffins and Other Morning Bakes by Linda Collister
Julie and Julia by Julie Powell
Comfort Food Fix by Ellie Krieger
Courtesan by Dora Levy Mossanen (Half)

Which book did you enjoy most?
Julie and Julia. It was fantastic. I may have been late to the bandwagon, but at least I hopped on eventually.

Which did you enjoy least?
Courtesan. This was a bit too dense for the end of the night.

If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I was not a cheerleader.

How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
If my schedule allows, I'll be a reader again in October. 

Comments