Read-a-thon: Kick Off!

Happy Read-a-thon Day!

I hope everyone is settled in and ready with a good book and snacks. I'm starting my morning with a protein punch - greek yogurt with honey and broken up chocolate chip granola bar. I'm serving it with a mug of fresh coffee and Margaret Shepherd's The Art of the Handwritten Note.


The Boyfriend is still in bed, but I'm sure he'll be up at some point. The smell of coffee is his siren song.

Onward!

Also, those that host read-a-thon are starting the morning with the kick-off survey and here are my answers:


1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Silver Spring, MD - At the tip of Washington, DC. I could walk there if I wanted.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Julie and Julia. I loved the movie.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Lunch nibbles! They are delicious and nutritious.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
Crossword puzzles are my game, baby. However, tonight I will be reading and rooting for the Washington Capitals. Yeah, hockey!

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
This year, I am not starting out with a book that will take me ten hours to finish. I like to feel a sense of progress.

Now... let's get down to business!

Comments

I love that song. Seriously. I'm definitely going to have to come back to listen to it more than once today. :-)
Milka said…
Good luck!
The smell of coffee is a brilliant wake-up call. :))
Anonymous said…
Your starting book sounds good. I'm adding it to my list to check out. Good luck!
Meghan said…
Alex in Leeds - THANKS!

Carina - It is one of the best Disney songs of all time. I like to hum it to myself when I need to get stuff done.

Milka - Thanks! Coffee is a brilliant, brilliant thing.

Blondirocket - It's pretty good so far, if a wee bit snooty.
Amused said…
Have fun today! Looks like you are off to a great start!
Amused said…
Have fun today! Looks like you are off to a great start!
Meghan said…
Thanks, Amused!