Read-a-thon: Book Order

After much pondering, I've decided to read my book pile in the following order:

The Art of the Handwritten Note by Margaret Shepherd
I love writing letters to people and figured I could brush up on my skills since I've been slacking off. I think this will be a quaint way to kick off my read-a-thon... assuming I finish my current book, Infamous, before the start.

Muffins and Other Morning Bakes by Lina Collister
Once again, I've decided to read the cookbooks in the order of a day's meals. Therefore, one must start with delectable baked goods.

Julie & Julia: 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen by Julie Powell
I am quite late to the game on this one. Oh well, I still want to read it. After last read-a-thon's ten hour tackling of An Army of Angels, I decided that my "thick" book of read-a-thon should be light and fun.

Comfort Food Fix by Elie Krieger
I never made it to this cookbook last time, so I decided to give it another try. I have a feeling I'll be flagging a lot of recipes. Anything I've made/eaten of Krieger's before has been utterly delicious.

Courtesan by Dora levy Mossanen
This one one has been sitting on my bookcase for ages. I figure it's time to finally tackle it. Also, it was a close call between this and the romance novel. I'm hoping that I start this one by 8pm - I think it might make for a nice later night read.

Cupcakes! by Elinor Klivans
If I get to the dessert round of the night, I'm definitely going to need something light and airy... with sugary frosting.

Surrender by Pamela Clare
I love this author's historical romances and I've in the mood for one for a few days. I doubt I will make it this far into my stack, but if I do, I'll be excited.


There you have it - my strategic plan for read-a-thon day. I'll start with the first book on top and just keep reading down the pile until I either hit the wood of the sofa table or fall asleep in a neck-creaking position.


Comments