Useful Things: Bathroom Break

I drink a lot of water. When I'm at home watching a movie it doesn't matter. I can either pause the film or wait a few minutes for a commercial break. No biggee.

When at the movie theater, however, I have no control over the show on the big screen. That means I have to balance my liquid consumption and wait to hit the restroom until the very last minute before the show starts. With those uber-lengthy movies (I'm looking at you Les Mis), it can be tough to wait for the whole film to finish before you have to hit le toilette again.

Some genius (and I use that term with respect here) has created a tool for people like me. It's call RunPee and it tells you when it's a good time to hit the bathroom during a movie. Brilliant!


The tool simply tells you when in the movie there is no plot advancement (or kick-ass special effects), so that you can hit the restroom without missing anything important. The website also provide a duration time so you know if you need to rush (or run to another restroom if there's a line). The website also provides links in case you want to find out what little you missed.

It's a simple concept, but it means you can chug that large soda from the concession stand with abandon.

Comments

My husband loves that app! His bladder is small due to a childhood surgery, so he rarely makes it through a regular 2 hour movie. Although, he did make it all the way through Les Mis, but it was his first Les Mis experience!
Rosario said…
That is the most brilliant idea! I employ exactly the same tactics when going to see a film, but even then, sometimes I just have to run out. I'll definitely be using this.
Meghan said…
This App is almost like a public service. It really is brilliant.