Read-a-thon is So Close!

Are we really less than 36 hours away from read-a-thon? Egads! Where does the time go? I guess I should update everyone on some final notes.

First, I shall have a companion again this year. The Boyfriend, as of right now, gets to read with my on Saturday. Woot! Although, I have expect him to be doing it only for the snacks. I also expect that he'll be sleeping during the first few hours, but I can't say that I blame him for wanting to catch up on his sleep.

As for The Roomie (I really outta rename her since she's no longer a roomie... suggestions welcome), she plans on participating and will try to send updates my way. I'll post what I get.

Secondly, I will be reading in support of First Book again. They are a wonderful charity that gives books to children who would otherwise not have them. You can read more about their work on their website. Since I don't expect read complete as many titles as I have in previous years (I picked heavier material this time around), I've decided on a new pledge method. Instead of donating $10 for every book I finish, I will donate a nickle for every page I read. The math on that outta be fun. Since I tend to read over 1,000 pages, I'm hoping to reach my donation goal of at least $50.

And finally, the update everyone cares about: the snackage. Tomorrow, I will be hitting up the grocery store after work. I still don't know what I want to munch on for read-a-thon, but I'm sure it will be like previous menus. I will update about that (with delicious looking pictures) tomorrow.



Comments