Read-a-thon Books

The most important part of read-a-thon is the reading (and maybe the snacks... but I won't debate that now... cause I could be persuaded to either side). As I mentioned in previous posts, I'm attempting to cobble together a pile of books from what I own. No trips to the library for this girl (sad face - I'll make it back soon). So, I've scoured my shelves, and this is what I will be reading on Saturday (and hopefully Sunday).

First up, I will finish An Army of Angels. This is the reason I've revamped my reading strategy. While I am enjoying the book, it's long, kind of dense, and has really tiny type.



For the "meat" of my reading, I've selected these three books.



To help keep me going, these three cookbooks will act as my palate cleansers. I plan on keeping a pile of "stickies" next to me to tag recipes that look uber-tasty. Expect me to share pictures - I am nothing if not for sharing delicious looking food.



For those who are interested, the complete list of titles and authors is listed below (in the order I've decided to read them).

An Army of Angels: A Novel of Joan of Arc by Pamela Marcantel
Coffee: Discovering, Exploring, Enjoying by Hattie Ellis
Lord John and the Hand of the Devils by Diana Gabaldon
Comfort Food Fix by Ellie Krieger
Harem by Dora Levy Mossanen
Cupcakes! by Elinor Klivans
Breaking Point by Pamela Clare


I think I've got a good mix of genres and authors going on. Hopefully, this selection and order will keep me interested, awake, and reading long into the night. Also, those with a sharp eye might have noticed that I put the cookbooks in a timely order. I am nerdy like that.

What are you reading for read-a-thon?


Comments

Nice pile of books! I love the idea of adding cook books to the mix! Feel free to add your link to my post: http://www.midnightbookgirl.com/2012/10/readathon-book-piles-bring-it.html
Meghan said…
Thanks Kate! I have a feeling that the cookbooks may become a regular thing... or a more regular thing. I have a few more that I could throw into the mix.