Other Read-a-thon Changes

My reading method is not the only thing that will be changing for this Saturday's read-a-thon. I moved this summer and, thus, have a completely new environment in which to read.

Gone is the stripedy chair of yore! It was sold on craigslist. Gone is The Boyfriend's leather recliner of comfort! It too saw it's ownership transferred due to a list of craig transaction. Gone also is The Roomie's couch! She moved down the street and took her furniture with her. Harumph.

But where shalst I read, you ask, since all my previous reading locations are no more? Why, on the brand new(ish) sectional The Boyfriend and I purchased for the new digs. It's big, comfy, offers many a reading lounging place, and came in a color called coffee (clearly, it was destiny). Just look at it's awesomeness.



This The Boyfriend's side, but I sometimes take over when he is not around.


This is my side. Yes, I won the battle for the chaise without any blood (beverage?) being spilled. Clearly, I found a keeper who understands my lounging needs. That said, I still find myself sitting on the middle cushion more often than I had originally thought I would.


While I plan on spending most of my time tucked up on this baby (under a blanket as it is not cold in the DC area), I have a few more locations should I need a change of scenery. First, the dining table. Depending on the menu I put together (I'll post on that later in the week), I'll sit here while eating my main meals.


I could also move to the desk chair. It's very comfy, but I always freak myself out when I lean back to far. I've never fallen, but still... that feeling of falling is always there.


The bed still exists, but I shall stay out of this lest it tempt me to sleep.


Finally, should the weather prove nice, I can always move to the patio... if I remember to remove the patio table cover before hand. Odds of this happening - slim to none.

I expect that I will find myself on the floor at least once.

Anyone else have new bum resting areas for this read-a-thon?

Comments

I love the chaise!! And yes, I actually do have a new place. Several of us blogger gal pals are meeting at my friend Kim's house (On The Wing of Books) for the weekend. She recently got some new furniture and I have already staked out my seating assignment.
Meghan said…
We sat on so many couches before we found one that we liked. It took several weekends. I'm glad we went with this one because it's been soooo comfy!

I can't wait to see your updates on Saturday. Four bloggers in one room sounds like a recipe for awesome.