What I Read This Week: July 8, 2012

I hurt. I helped The Roomie (who needs a new blog moniker) move to her new place on Friday and Saturday. No more boxes please!

Sadly, that ain't gonna happen as The Boyfriend and I have to move our stuff this coming Friday and Saturday. Then I will be done with the boxes! Or, at least done with moving them up and down stairs.

My reading this week was centered around trying to not move magazines to the new place...
  • I flipped through the July/August 2012 issue of Everyday Food. I pulled a few grill related recipes. Thank goodness we get to keep our patio at the new place, otherwise these recipes would never be used.
  • I got through two issues of Cooking Light. The June and July issues that mysteriously hid from me. I pulled a few tasty meals from both, but was marginally disappointed at the options in these issues.
  • I also read one of the cover stories from the July/August issue of the Atlantic. I still haven't hit the main cover store, but the article about Ideas was pretty though provoking.
  • This week, I also read a fantastic article in the Washington Post. It was about a convent that makes and sells cheese. Best part... realizing this place is within driving distance. I may need to get me some of this gouda.
  • I finished (yeah!) my professional read on RDA. I really only needed to read the last chapter in that one...
  • Finally, I finished Matched (review soon) and started reading Insurgent. The Y.A. binge continues.

Comments