What I Read This Week: July 1, 2012

It's July already? When the heck did that happen? Time flies when you're trying to sell stuff on Craigslist before you move.

The Boyfriend and I are moving (down one floor... easiest. move. ever.) in two weeks, and our nights have been spent trying to sell stuff, pulling items for donation, packing, and looking for new stuff to buy to furnish the new place. Thank goodness we got the major couch purchase out of the way early. Even with all of that I still managed to read this week.
  • I finished reading Mira Grant's Blackout. I'll post a review soonish. In a snippet: It was okay.
  • I started reading another Hunger Games bandwagon book. This one I grabbed from the library. It's Ally Condie's Matched. I'm about 250 pages in so far. The only reason I've manged to get that far is because of the epic storms we had this weekend. While I never lost power, but internet disappeared. That was a good enough excuse to let me read, uninterrupted for a few hours. The story is good, but I wonder where it's heading.
  • I'm also slowly making my way through the book on RDA. It's not something I find particularly interesting, but I do need to learn about it. I'll keep reading a few pages a day on my commute until I finish. 
  • Finally, I managed to read the opening sections of July/August 2012 issue of the Atlantic. So far it's a good issue. I particularly enjoyed the pieces on traffic in Nigeria and foie gras.

Comments