What I Read This Week: June 17, 2012

I did a double take when I realized that June was halfway over. Where does the time go? No, seriously. Is there like a wormhole or something that keeps sucking the days away? Then again, my sense of time displacement could come from the fact that this past work week was only 3.5 days long for me... and I was at the beach yesterday. Win!

  • I finished (!) Mockingjay. I actually think this was a better book upon re-reading it. I love it when that happens. 
  • To follow the Hunger Games binge, I stared reading the last book in Mira Grant's Newsflesh trilogy, Blackout. So far, so good. Nothing too bitey yet. I need to finish this book sooner rather than later because I have a book ready for pick-up at the library. Sadly, I won't be able to renew that one since there is a waiting list. I should also mention here.... The Boyfriend needed something to read, he decided to download Insurgent since he didn't want to wait for a library hard or e-copy. I guess that means I don't have to wait either. Win!
  • CNN posted an article about fathers and sons that made me choke up. It's short, but the emotional punch is powerful. 
  • One of my favorite bloggers posted a bit about what books mean to her. I found myself nodding at almost every line.
  • Somehow, I worked out for an hour on Tuesday without realizing it. (See what I mean by time disappearing on me?) That randomness allowed me the time to finish the June issue of The Atlantic. The second half of the magazine was not as good as the first, but I did enjoy the article about female amateur boxing. I may actually attempt to watch that part of the Olympics this summer.

Comments