What I Read This Week: May 27, 2012

I hope everyone is having a wonderful long weekend. The Boyfriend and I are dog sitting; ergo, my weekend is awesome. I love having a fluffy animal around. That said, I think this here pup is tiring me out more than I am tiring her out. Monday, friends of ours are hosting a Mexican flavored cookout in Rock Creek Park. I can already sense the food coma coming on.

Onto the readings!

  • I flipped though the June 2012 issue of Everyday Food. I pulled several recipes from this issue... most of them involve shrimp. Clearly I have a craving for seafood. Meh. There are worse things I could be hankering for.
  • Also on the docket this week was the June 2012 issue of National Geographic. Once again, I'm thrilled that I decided to subscribe to this magazine. The articles in this issue was spectacular, particularly the cover story about solar flares. Photography-wise, the images in the Outer Banks and Ural Owl article are not to be missed. 
  • There was a really good post on Zen Habits about accepting the fact that you can not and never will be able to read everything. It's worth a look.
  • I also managed to finish two books this week. I completed Veronica Roth's Divergent along with my professional book, The Challenge of Library Management. I've put myself on the wait list for Insurgent; until then, I'm tiding myself over by reading Catching Fire. YA, why do I love you so?

Comments