What I Read This Week: April 22, 2012

This post does not contain anything from read-a-thon because my brain is still sleepy.

This week, I did manage to read, but I saved most of my mojo for the epicness that is read-a-thon Saturday.


  • I made it to the gym a couple of time this week, so I was able to finish reading the April issue of The Atlantic. I thought the Ben Bernanke and Rham Emmanual articles were very interesting, and I hope they profile these guys again after some time has passed.
  • The May issue of Cooking Light appeared this week, and I read it the same day I received it. There is something about avocados on a cover that just scream, "Read me now and get a craving for deliciousness." I pulled several recipes from this issue, so it might be a good one to pick up on the newsstand if you don't subscribe. I also enjoyed the article on "food follies" quite a bit.
  • In addition to the Cooking Light, I had the May issue of Real Simple waiting for me. I read this issue while watching Game 4 of the Capitols/Bruins playoff series. That was probably the only reason my blood pressure didn't sky rocket. I enjoyed reading about the recommended cleaning products (I hate my shower grout with a passion); I loved the memoir style article about why pie is a cure-all. Taking another look at the issue, I also appear to have tagged a ton of recipes. I think we've got another "good purchase" issue here.
  • In preparation for read-a-thon, I finished the romance novel I was reading - The Reckless One. It was it was an okay conclusion to the series, and I totally called the "huge" twist revealed in the last few pages.

Comments