Read-a-thon: The Pile is Complete

I pillaged the library on Saturday for books to add to my read-a-thon pile. I may have gone a bit overboard.

One should always bring an appropriate bag to the library.

As is my style, I alternate my "regular" books with graphic novels. I find that this change in style helps me stay interested and awake. I may have gone a wee bit overboard on graphic novels this time. I have yet to put my pile in order (otherr than by size), but I think I may read two graphic novels for ever regular book.


My loot from this trip includes:

Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty by Andrew Bolton
 - This was on hold for me and is a HUGE art book that will be read early in the day because I can't wait to see the pretty pictures.


Into the Volcano: A Graphic Novel by Don Wood
- It looked cool.

A Family Secret by Eric Heuvel
- A graphic novel that caught my eye whilst I was perusing the shelves.

Cupcakes of Doom! by Ray Friesen
- This book came home with me because the title is awesome. Also, I love cupcakes.

The Storm in the Barn by Matt Phelan
- I needed one more graphic novel and the pictures in this one looked pretty.

The Tiger Rising by Kate DiCamillo
-Tis a tradition of mine to start read-a-thon with a Dicamillo book. This was the only one on the shelf I had not read.

The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister
- This was misshelved in the kids section. I took it out to give to a librarian, but the summary looked very interesting, so I added it to my pile instead.

Rex Libris: I, Librarian by James Turner
- A graphic novel about a librarian? Yes, please!


I will decide soon which order I want to read these guys in, pile them accordingly, and work my way down for as long as I can last.
The complete pile.

Only a few more days. Woot!

Comments

Stefanie said…
Love Rex Libris! He's a hoot and a half!
Meghan said…
I was excited when I found out that it was a series.
Ronnica said…
There's no such thing as going overboard for the Readathon. You need lots to choose from!
Meghan said…
Good point!
Clare said…
Looks like you've got a good stash there. Good luck with the readathon!
Meghan said…
Thanks Clare!