Hour 13: Wherein Our Reader is Surprised

CURRENTLY READING: Well, I finished Into the Volcano... and then it took me just over 15 minutes to read The Storm in the Barn. Thus, I am about to venture into Food Rules. I am motoring through my pile faster than I thought.

THOUGHTS?: I love the expressive storytelling in The Storm in the Barn. The images also had a striking sense of movement that gave the book a cinematic quality. Absolutely loverly.

SNACKS AND STUFF: We have ordered dinner. I should arrive in Hour 14.

COMPANION UPDATE: The Roomie has finished the Clive Clusser, and has started reading Bunnicula. Somehow, we both missed that one during our childhood.

ANYTHING ELSE?: The Comcast, excuse me Xfinity, "Light Classical" station is perfect read-a-thon music. Lively enough to keep you awake, but subtle enough to stay in the background.


PAGES READ THIS HOUR: 220
PAGES READ TOTAL: 1,318 (The last book was mainly pretty pictures)

BOOKS COMPLETED:
The Tiger Rising by Kate DiCamillo
Cupcakes of Doom! By Ray Friesen
Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty by Andrew Bolton
The Titanic Sinks! By Thomas Conklin
A Family Secret by Eric Heuvel
I, Librarian by James Turner
Death of a Travelling Man by M.C. Beaton
Into the Volcano by Don Wood
The Storm in the Barn by Matt Phelan
Now as tall as the vase. Win!

Comments