What I Read This Week: February 26, 2012

Huzzah! I made it to the gym this week and, thus, put a small dent in my magazines. (Yes, I am still talking about magazines and will be for awhile. For some reason, I can't keep up with my Atlantic subscription.) Aside from that, I read several other interesting things over the week. Behold!
  • NPR had some great stories this week. I subscribe to a few of their blogs and listen almost every day, so you could call me an NPR fanatic... but they really do have some great stuff. My favorites from the past few days include:
  • Oh yes, the magazines, I should have mentioned them earlier. This week, I got through:
    • Over half of the Jan./Feb. issue of The Atlantic. This is a very nice issue so far. I greatly enjoyed reading and was amused by the article on nutmeg, a little horrified by the article on torture, and found the images of America at Work to be quite interesting.
    • I also read the new Everyday Food. That's right, I got to it the day after it arrived in my mailbox. Woot! I pulled a few recipes, most of them slow cooker and dessert related.
  • I finished a book! My most recent professional read was How to Succeed in the Project Management Jungle. I flew through the last few chapters - not because it was good, but because it was mainly "skim these pages" case study. Full review later.
  • Finally, I started a new book - Every Man for Himself by Beryl Bainbridge. It is the first book from my Titanic collection that I will be reading this year. The Boyfriend and I saw a Titanic 3D screening on Valentine's Day. That spurred me to go find a book from this collection to read. So far it's... interesting.

Comments