Seen on the Metro: Pop of Color

It's winter on the DC metro. That means I get to see a lot of black and gray coats. Sometimes, my commute to work is so drab in color I wish I could wear a party hat. I just need something to jazz up my ride.

Today, I was in for an unexpected surprise. A man boarded the train a stop after I got on. He was your typical commuter. Black coat, khaki pants, gray backpack, drab baseball cap. Le sigh. Then, he whipped out a book. The cover was so bright red I was nearly blinded. Thank you, David Brooks' publishing company. The cover of The Social Animal: The Hidden Sources of Love, Character, and Achievement gave me something to smile about.

As a bonus, on my way off the train, I noticed a woman with a leopard print Kindle cover. Awesome!

Comments

Courtney Herda said…
My Kindle cover is bright pink and so's my laptop bag for work. Most of what I wear is black (to minimize my enormity) so the splashes of bright pink make me happy! :)
Meghan said…
I love it! Also, all black with festive accessories is so darn chic looking.