Blog Changes

One of my resolutions this year was to be a better blogger. To help me achieve that goal, I will be making a few changes to the blog.
  • Useful Things will become an occasional series. Instead of posting every other week, I will only post a Useful Thing when I find something I truly want to share. As of late, I find that I've been posting something simply for the sake of posting. I think that leads to mentioning lesser quality websites and tools. Moving to an occasional series means I get to talk about only the awesome things.
  • On the Job will still be updated every Monday (excepting holidays, etc.). However, I will start to make it more library oriented. This is a reading/library blog and I think these posts have become too broad. I will make my advice more targeted to those in the libraries and information field. Also, please feel free to contact me if you have ideas you want me to cover or if you want to write guest blog. I am all about hearing from others and sharing what they have learned.
  • I will debut a new feature this Sunday. In these posts, which I've dubbed What I Read This Week, I will list (with commentary) the best of what I've read this week - books, magazines, web posts, or whatever else my eyes have run over.
  • Look to see more posts about reading, libraries, librarians, information literacy, and anything related to those things in the future. I want to write and post more expansively on these areas. (If I post it. I have to do it. Right?)
I hope that these changes make the blog more fun to read and offer the chance for more interaction.

Please leave your comments and suggestions in the comments.

Comments