Read-a-thon: Tasty Morsels

The decadent orbs of oreo and cream cheese I made yesterday received one more coating of awesome.

Five squares from this box get tossed, one at a time, into a double boiler.
The cookie balls go for a delicious swim.
Then set on parchment paper to harden in the fridge.
Revel in their awesomeness!
Who know three ingredients (one of them non-fat!) could great such a bite of scrumptiousness? These oreo truffles will join a whole host of snacks to sustain me through the read-a-thon.

As for where I will be consuming these morsels, I have a couple reading sites picked out for Saturday.

My chair.
The Boyfriend's chair.
It reclines.
I would lounge on the couch, but The Roomie will be reading there.
The Rocking Chair, where I can turn around and say hi to our fish.
Reese's Pisces
But I will start the day out reading in bed, amongst the pillows.
I find it's best to vary ones reading locations, particularly late into the read-a-thon, to keep the eyes from drooping.

We're now under the 48 hour mark. I hope everybody's ready.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ooh, I love all your reading locations! Great pics.

The oreo balls look wonderful. What a great idea for the read-a-thon. Do you think they will last 24 hours? I probably would eat them in the first 3 hours or so. :-)
Meghan said…
They are tasty. They're denser if you use regular oreos and decadently delicious if you use double stuf. I want to try making a version using golden oreos and white chocolate.

Enjoy Read-a-thon!