Read-a-thon: Mid-event Survey

1. What are you reading right now?
On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan

2. How many books have you read so far?
I've got four books in my completed pile.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
M.C. Beaton's Death of a Cad - her books are always fun reads

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?

Not particularly. A friend asked what a better night would be to celebrate her birthday. I mentioned Friday and so we celebrated last night.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

Only for food... and brief chats with The Roomie. They were brief interruptions so they did not take away that much reading time.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

Just how cold my living room is. Thank goodness for blankies.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I would like to see the announcement for the reading for charity earlier. I want to see who everyone is reading for and, maybe, coordinate with them.

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?

Get more sleep the night before. Coffee is awesome, but not a miracle tonic.

9. Are you getting tired yet?
No. But dinner is chinese take out - I may suffer from food coma.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Get up and stretch. Moving is a great way to keep focus. Also, snacking on veggies after eating a hearty breakfast has proven to keep my energy levels pretty even. No crash, no rush, just solid energy. And drink lots of water.

Comments

Michelle said…
How are you liking the McEwan? I've never read him (Yet), but I do have Atonement sitting on my shelves.

Have a great rest of the Read-a-Thon!
Meghan said…
McEwan is good if you're in the mood for him. Our book club read "Atonement" and it was enjoyable. I was not, however, a fan of his book "Black Dogs." He is definitely an author that is worth giving a shot.
Linda said…
Great job. I forget to get lots of veggies, but I'm making a huge salad to go with my dinner. Hopefully that will help keep me going late tonight.
Meghan said…
Veggies - the food of reading champions. Enjoy your dinner and books!