Hour 4: Wherein Our Reader Settles In For the Long Haul

CURRENTLY READING: The Reader by Bernhard Schlink

THOUGHTS?: I loved the movie to pieces so I thought I'd give the book a try. So far, I can say the movie is spot on. That does mean, however, I'm having trouble not picturing the scenes from the movie as I read. Kate Winslet seems to have been perfectly cast.

SNACKS AND STUFF: I can't believe we forgot to have our fizzy drinks with breakfast.
A toast to the Read-a-thon
COMPANION UPDATE: The Roomie is still motoring through her book. I received a text from The Boyfriend stating that the new Harry Potter soundtrack was awesome. I think I shall have to play some of the old soundtracks later today.

ANYTHING ELSE?: I did the dishes. Our hot water seems rather like magma today.

PAGES READ THIS HOUR: 36 (We're into real novel territory now)
PAGES READ TOTAL: 334

BOOKS COMPLETED:
The Magician's Elephant by Kate DiCamillo
Deogratias: A Tale of Rwanda by Stassen
 

Comments

Andrea Orva said…
You're doing great, keep up the good reading :D
Meghan said…
Thanks Andrea!