Hour 1: Wherein Our Reader is Charmed

CURRENTLY READING: The Magician's Elephant by Kate DiCamillo

THOUGHTS?: This book is quaint, charming, and a little sad... but I foresee a happy ending in the near future. I'm very much enjoying DiCamillo's writing style. It's a bit "old timey" which works perfectly with the narrative. Also, how cute is this cover?

 
SNACKS AND STUFF: I polished off the delicious greek yogurt and am enjoying my second cup of coffee.

COMPANION UPDATE: The Roomie is awake and reading! When the bagpipes in my celtic music started to play "We Will Rock You," I had to share with her. Thus, I discovered her burrowed under covers with just her head and book peeking out. The two of us do enjoy warmth and it is quite a chilly day in D.C.

ANYTHING ELSE?: The garbage men just finished their pick-up outside my apartment. Even to this day, I turn into a bouncey little kid when I get to see them heft up and empty the dumpsters. It's so cool looking!

PAGES READ THIS HOUR: 95 (young adult book, oh yeah!)
PAGES READ TOTAL: 95

BOOKS COMPLETED: None yet

Comments