Saturday Errands

The Read-a-thon is near!

There are only two weeks between me and a day filled with reading and snackage. It turns out that I may have to attend a friend's birthday celebration that night, but I'm prepping as if I get read and read and read all day. This time round, I have no plans for the day after the read-a-thon so I can actually attempt to stay up all night.

The D.C. area is expected to receive up to an inch of snow tomorrow. (Eek!) The Boyfriend and I decided to run errands this morning so that we could enjoy the abundant sun before it disappears tomorrow. So, I donned a nice pair of BOOLEAN socks and we headed out.

Blue stripedy socks!
The main purpose of our trip today was to hit the library. The Boyfriend's book (Brian Greene's The Hidden Reality) was finally available for pick-up. I tagged along because I wanted to start amassing read-a-thon material. It took me awhile, but my search was successful.

Small pile... so far.
The current titles I've got waiting for me are:
Death of a Cad by M.C. Beathon
The Reader by Bernard Schlink
The Magician's Elephant by Kate DiCamillo
Deogratias by J.P. Stassen
Last Day in Vietnam by Will Eisner


I still need to grab another book or two before I feel like I have enough items on my table for that day. I think I shall grab two more graphic novels and one more work of fiction. Worse comes to worse, I still own more books that I can peruse that night. Once I've got all my books on hand, I will sort them into order so that I can simply work my way down the pile on Read-a-thon day.

Now I just need to figure out what snackage I want to have on hand. Any ideas?

So excited.

(Squee!)

Comments