Readathon: Preperations

I am getting super excited for Saturday's readathon. I will be headed to my local library after work to grab Mockingjay and I may pick up a few quick books to go with it. My strategy for my first readathon is to grab short books or fast reads to keep my stamina up.

For this readathon, I will be joined by 1.5 companions - The Roomie and The Boyfriend. The Roomie has been my co-conspirator in all things readathon. The Boyfriend was blase about the whole thing, but he just received a Nook for his birthday, so now he's in... at least partially. To quote him, "The Nook makes reading fun again!" (Enjoy the plug, Barnes and Noble.) When I write my hourly updates, I will include information about my companion readers as well.

Snacks wise, the roomie and I have been plotting. This is what we've created. Marvel at its scrumptiousness!
Teh Snacks
Chex Mix (Bold and Spicy and Dark Chocolate)
Goldfish
Pretzels
Cheese Sampler Plate and Crackers
Chips and Salsa
Hummus and Pita
Grapes
Apples and peanut butter
Veggies and Ranch Dressing
Brownies

Meals

Breakfast - Pillsbury biscuits (with eggs and bacon) (and coffee)
Lunch - Have you seen teh snacks? We'll make sammichs if need be
Dinner - Order Out (as The Roomie said, tis in the spirit of the readathon)
I think that should be enough to feed three hungry readers. We're probably going overboard, but snacks never last to long in our apartment anyway.

My reading list now consists of:
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
The Exile by Diana Gabaldon
The Devil's Details: A History of Footnotes by Chuck Zerby

Like I said trip the library today and another look at my personal books should round out my stack. If you've got any recommendations, throw them my way.

The last thing I should mention in this post is that I do plan on taking pictures of the final readathon preparations as well as the readathon itself.

If you've done the readathon before, do you have any tips and hints for enjoying the day?

Comments

Anonymous said…
how are you!This was a really outstanding subject!
I come from milan, I was fortunate to come cross your topic in bing
Also I obtain much in your blog really thanks very much i will come again