Readathon: The Final Countdown

The Readathon kicks off in t-minus 9 hours. I am so excited that I might have trouble sleeping tonight. But I am ready!

I've got my snacks:

Look vegetables!


I've got a selection of reading sites:

The Patio if the weather cooperates

The Boyfriend's chair... but only if I feel like fighting for it (or napping)
My chair - it's got stripes
Most importantly, I've got my books:

Oooo shiny!

I've already got these piled in the order I will read them.

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
The Exile by Diana Gabladon
Death of a Snob by M.C. Beaton
The Photographer by Emmanuel Guibert
Pursuit of Honor by Vince Flynn
Journey into Mohawk Country by George O'Connor
The Devil's Details: A History of Footnotes by Chuck Zerby

I figured I would read lighter novels all day using graphic novels as a sort of palette cleanser in between. 

Depending on the temperature in the morning, I may grab my first book and cup of coffee and read on the patio. Saturday promises to be a gloriously beautiful autumn day. If that holds true, I plan on soaking up some patio time before the ND game kicks off at 3:30pm. (Expect at least one picture of my game day shirt.)

While I will get up in time for the readathon kick-off at 8:00am, I know that I will not make it the whole 24 hours. (Boo to myself in advance.) On Sunday, I shall be venturing to a pumpkin patch/apple orchard. We leave around 10am. Thus, I will aim for a 3am(ish) wrap-up to my first readathon.

Next time around I'll aim to complete the whole 24 hours, I just don't think the farmers would appreciate me passing out in their fields... using a gourd as a pillow.

Comments