Useful Things: Feed Me


Last night I ate the most amazing meal. If you're in the D.C. area, go to Zaytinya. It is my favorite restaurant and I kick myself for not going more often.

In honor of the flavors that are still in my head, today's  Useful Thing is all about the food. NoTakeOut is for everyone who wants to cook at home more than they order out.

The whole point of NoTakeOut is get get those who don't cook to cook more. The website assumes that you normally walk in the door and call the Thai place down the street. NoTakeOut gets rid of the excuses. Every day, they post a recipe for that night's dinner. Each recipe lists the ingredients you will need to purchase (on your way home), the ingredients you should have in your pantry, and step-by-step instructions (yes, even steps like "get out your tools" and "put water on to boil.") Check out Today's Menu and see the set-up for yourself.

You can sign-up for the free e-mails or peruse the website itself. On the website, you can also read Food for Thought, past menus, and visit their store. For those of you with smartphones, NoTakeOut will soon have a mobile app - so you don't even need to print out a shopping list.

I am not one to order out every night (ouch, my wallet and arteries), but I love receiving a new, tasty looking recipe in my e-mail every day.

Comments