2010 Reading / Bookish Resolutions


For the umpteenth year in a row, I will once again attempt to reduce Mt. TBR. Ergo, most of my reading and bookish resolutions again fall into the "Clean off your bookshelves" category.

Repeats From Previous Years
1. When I go the library, I will not walk out with a gazillion books.
-- After all, they will be there when I come back.

2. I will not buy any books.
--I know I can do this, I've been successful at it for several years now.

3. I will purge.
--I know there are still books in my apartment that I will never get around to or want to read.

New Resolutions
1. I will read more non-fiction.
-- I have a bunch on my shelves waiting to be leafed through... not to mention the hundred or so on my digital list I want to get to

2. I will update this blog once a week.
-- I'm probably backing myself into a corner here, but I have so much stuff saved in my "To Blog" folder that there is no reason for me to not update more often. I've also started a ton of features that I should follow through on. So, gosh darn it, there is no reason I cannot update this blog once a week.

Comments

Anonymous said…
NO book buying? *panicked breaths* but what do you do at the library sales? or at the thrift shops? or yard sales? *swoon* hehehe. I'm better at not buying than I used to be, but I still have the occasional burst of naughtiness. Then I have to buy a new bookcase.

I have the same problem at the library. I can't decide between two or three.. or thirty... books, so I just bring them ALL home. Then I swear I'm gonna read them, then they're late. I am convinced my library's current renovations was largely subsidized by my overdue fines ;-)
Meghan said…
Usually, in those kinds of situations, I just try to not look too closely at the books. I find that my lifesaver has been pen and paper. If I find a book I truly want to read, I just write the information down so that I can find the book later.