Book 26: Caps for Sale

TITLE: Caps For Sale: A Tale of a Peddler, Some Monkeys and Their Monkey Business
AUTHOR: Esphyr Slobodkina
STARTED: May 23, 2009
FINISHED: May 23, 2009
PAGES: 48
GENRE: Juvenile

FIRST SENTENCE: Once there was a peddler who sold caps.

SUMMARY: [From barnesandnoble.com] Caps for Sale is a timeless classic, in print for over fifty years, and beloved by generations of readers. This easy-to-read story about a peddler and a band of mischievous monkeys is filled with warmth, humor, and simplicity. Children will delight in following the peddler's efforts to outwit the monkeys in this new, enlarged, and redesigned edition, and will ask to read it again and again.

THOUGHTS: This read was a walk down memory lane for me. I remember reading it a lot as a child... because I loved the monkeys. I forgot how the illustrations, while seeming very static, exude movement on certain pages.

I think I need to go put my gray cap on now.

RATING: 7/10 [Very Good]

Comments