End of an Era

Did marks the end of an era for my news paper. This morning, I picked-up my Sunday edition of the Washington Post and, for the last time, read the print edition of Book World. Book World will live on in other pages of the print edition as well as online. I can't help but believe it won't be the same.

When I read the Sunday Post I have a routine. That routine ended with my perusal or Book World. I can't say I read it cover to cover, I can't say that everything I read struck me with awe. I can say that I liked reading reviews. I liked scanning the upcoming local book events. I liked clipping out titles so that I could track them down later. I really liked seeing what titles were selling like hotcakes in the DC area.

Best of all, I liked reading Book World curled in bed, coffee in hand. I can't cozy up to my laptop. I'm too rushed to really read the reviews in the weekday papers. Sunday was my time to snuggle and soak up the print edition of the paper.

Washington Post Book World, I bid thee farewell. *tear*

Comments