Seen on the Metro: Braille

I almost missed this lady this morning. I blame the fact that I get see Almost-A-Lawyer boyfriend after almost two and half weeks apart. Right now, I'm a bit too worked up to actually pay attention to things other than the countdown clock in my head

Anywho.

As I was exiting the metro today, I noticed a woman reading an interesting copy of The Washington Post Book World. It was in braille. She was skimming her hands across the crisp white pages that were perforated with the braille text.

In comparison to the thin pamphlet I receive every Sunday, this copy was about the size of a phone book. I never considered how those with sight disabilities read the newspaper. I learned something today.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi Meghan, I just wanted to let you know I have awarded you with the Premio Dardas Award. Please check my blog for more info...